Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Big Butts and $15

Lalala!!! Here I am, ressurected from the internet dead. I haven't had access in a while due to being busy. So here was my 4th of July: My dad, brother, cousin and I went to Lakeside Amusement Park. We rode some serious antique rides, one of which being the "Wild Chipmunk." The Wild Chipmunk consisted of a car shaped like a rocket, padded with blue rubber-coated foam. One rider sat basically atop the other (or in front if you think of it that way) and there were no safety belts. It was like riding a rollercoaster in a kayak. So up we go, expecting a non-scary ride from this old, old coaster. WRONG!!! It scored a perfect 10 on the thrill scale, simply because I felt that at any time I could die! The coaster took the two of us up a mild hill, then around crazy U-turns that felt like they would throw you from the rocket-kayak. That was followed by some VERY steep hills with sharp curves in them. As if that wasn't harrowing enough, I actually was compelled to duck, TO DUCK, to avoid hitting my head on the metal coaster supports. Wow. I mean, that was the best ride I've ever been on. We went twice on that one (total horror whores if you know what I mean). According to my stepdad, his father used to work at Lakeside. He's 80 now, just to give you an idea of Lakeside's age. In fact, Grandpa met my Grandma at Lakeside. Weird!
Lakeside held more than just the thrill of rides, however. It was also chock-full of boys free for the flirting. One particular boy came up to me and asked my age... which I told him. He told me, "Oh, cool, 'cause my cousin likes you. He's kinda shy." The guy actually came up to hit on me FOR HIS COUSIN. Dedication! I got zero grins from white boys. However, I got MANY grins from hot black guys. It must be the butt. The butt I tell thee! Tee-hee.

Well, anyway. Thornton's fireworks show was wonderful as always. *yawn* I wanted to blow things up myself! I didn't even get to come back here afterward due to getting home too late to drive back to happy little Eaton. Still, that is quite all right. If Christmas can last WAAAAAAY the heck after Christmas, I'm gonna make the 4th last WAAAAAAY past the 4th!! Maybe I'll blow something up tonight. *grin*

Last night, I was busy. I was babysitting for my neighbor who works nights. Basically the job entails answering little kids' questions about the life of a teenager (boring) and sleeping in a foreign bed. Not a bad workload for $15 a night. However, the mom did NOT pay me this morning. I may work again on Thursday... I think this is her way of "reserving" me, so to speak. Come to think of it, she owes me for the time that I babysat her kids before, too. I hate to speak up but hey! I worked for that money! (sort of...) I have no other source of income other than pilfering cash from my parents. Ah well, perhaps the $15 (well $30 if I think about it) will turn up at some future date. ANYWAY. This has gotten quite long. Everybody have a happy Thursday tomorrow!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home