Sunday, July 10, 2005

What would a moth's obituary look like?

Lalala! *Bliss* I slept most of today. It was great! It was really hot, even sitting in the shade with the wind blowing. My house is too infernally cold to spend time in during the day, so I'm usually outside unless I come in for water or lunch. So anyway... I was just sitting on the porch today, talking to my cousin on the phone, and suddenly I see a humongous moth on the brick wall of my house. "Sw33t!" I thought, "I'm going to catch this guy in a jar!" However, having no jars to catch him, I got a big cup instead. I'm not joking when I say he had a four inch wingspan. Biggest moth I've seen in town. I had him under the cup and was observing him when my sister came out and sat down on the front step. I showed her the moth, and she was so skitty that I thought it was ABSOLUTELY necessary to unveil the moth entirely to freak her out. Freak out she did, she ran screaming! Hilariousness. The moth, after being pushed toward her, decided he was done with this and flew off. I watched him go, sad that my little friend was leaving me. Out of nowhere, a robin appeared, flying straight for my moth! He snatched it up and wrestled it to the ground, pecking it repeatedly until finally it was dead enough to pick up and take somewhere for eating. I was horrified! I still feel guilty about that poor moth's death, but then I realize that now the bird has a full tummy and I feel a little better...

So my cousin heard the play-by-play of that story. She is an interesting character on the phone. Example: We are planning to get together Friday and go to a Harry Potter party at Barnes and Noble. I asked her what time she wanted to be picked up... and she says "Whatever time you want, press a button." What?!? She didn't even know she said it until I pointed out that it made no sense whatsoever. I asked if she was an automatic telephone directing thing or whatnot... what a silly girl. That reminds me, she wanted me to do this: http://g-e-m-i-n-i.blogspot.com (that is hers). There! Now I can say it is done. She doesn't have as much of a chance to update as I due to having no internet at home, but hey.

I really wanna see the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie! I don't think Johnny Depp can ever "be" the Willy Wonka that I know, and in fact he looks kind of creepy in the adverts, but it should be interesting all the same. It should hurry and come out just for meeee! Yeah right.

Due to sleeping most of today, and reading for most of the rest of it, I don't have much more to say. Ta!

3 Comments:

Blogger Spontaneous Combustion said...

A moth's obituary would be short...its a bug. As for "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," I hope it's dark as Roald Dahl didn't write the lightest of stuff and it was kind of portrayed that way in the last movie.

10:49 PM  
Blogger xtraplanetary said...

Love you too babes

8:28 PM  
Blogger xtraplanetary said...

I'll just not go to the trouble of explaining the "was she messed up" bit. sry

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home