We stretched here, we stretched there, now we may have stretched too much.
Wow... today's organ lesson was the most interesting in a while... First of all a cipher came on after our first song... problems with the Ehrzahler and the flutes... so we wrote out exactly what it was on, what notes on what stops. (This may make absolutely no sense to you... if so, too bad! Organ rox0r.) We got everything figured out and used an alternate stop for a while... but thenthe cipher disappeared all of a sudden. We used a substitution since it might be prone to coming back on again, but it didn't matter because it was gone, didn't come back for the next song either.
If anyone doesn't know what a cipher is: It's sort of like a phantom noise the organ makes even if you're not touching it... it's usually because of a trapped object or too much dust inside the pipes. A cipher can ring and ring until you turn off the cipher... or if you're not lucky, you might have to turn off all the air and wait to let whatever is inside fall out... if it doesn't go away you have to call the organ people to do an emergency tuning... but this one went away so it's probably fine. (The strings are all sharp so they're doing a tuning friday... but that's weather-related. Organs hate winter, just like me! We are the same!)
In other news... homecoming's this weekend. Very exciting. Oh what's that? I have homework? No, because it is homecoming weekend. *rolls eyes*
I'm gonna be a vampire for halloween and NOBODY CAN STOP ME... actually yes they can I suppose.... please don't verify that statement.
Special Feature: I'm going to bed now.

1 Comments:
Nope, only understood "organ". And I have lots of homework because I'm not going to homecoming. So, I'm in the runnings for 'nobody' maybe I can stop you...but I won't because I'm nice.
Post a Comment
<< Home